Centennial High School's Student Newspaper

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Homecoming Game

Troy Sudberry
Homecoming Victory Flyer

Homecoming Game
Jaydahn Fleming
Co-Editor-In-Chief
Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Homecoming week is a memorable week for all high school students, especially for the athletes. Friday, September 22, our Bulldogs took on the Bonanza Bengals for our Homecoming Football Game for the 2023-2024 school year.
The game started with a close 0-0 first quarter until Centennial started pulling away with a 14-0 lead heading into halftime. During the third quarter, Centennial scored another 13 points, while Bonanza scored two late touchdowns in the fourth quarter.
Senior Quarterback Victor Plonikov threw for over 200 yards and 3 touchdowns with a 57.7% completion rate along with a terrific 122.4 QB Rate. This game’s stats add to his 1500 passing yards and 22 touchdowns Plonikov has already gained through 7 games.
On the ground, Freshman Kolten Silbernagel ran the ball nine times for 41 and 1 touchdown. He also caught the ball twice for 35 yards and another touchdown. So far through 7 games, Silbernagel ran the ball 31 times for 175 yards and 3 touchdowns while also catching the ball 18 times for 375 yards and an additional 5 touchdowns.
For the receivers, Senior Wide Receiver Angelo Ahern caught the ball 6 times for 104 yards and 1 touchdown. For this season, Ahern has caught the ball 18 times for 314 yards and 3 touchdowns. He also won this year’s Homecoming King.
Head Coach DJ Campbell has started the team off to a great season this year and has their sights set on playing at Allegiant Stadium later this season.