Centennial High School's Student Newspaper

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Last Game of the Season

gmk_visuals

Last Game of the Season
Jaydahn Fleming
Co-Editor-In-Chief
Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

This season has been one to remember for Centennial’s football team. Coming off a 0-9 season, everyone counted out Centennial coming into this season. Head Coach DJ Campbell had other intentions. So far, he has led his team to a 7-1 record and 1st place in the 4A Desert division with their sights on a state championship in Allegiant Stadium next month. On Friday, October 20th, our Bulldogs took on the Cheyenne Desert Shields in a 40-0 blowout win.
The game started with a close 0-0 first quarter until Centennial began to pull away with a 14-0 lead heading into halftime. During the third quarter, Centennial scored another 13 points, while Cheyenne was held to zero points.
Senior Quarterback Victor Plonikov threw for 189 yards and 4 touchdowns with a 70.6% completion rate along with a terrific 122.3 QB Rate. This game’s stats add to the 2,000 passing yards and 32 touchdowns Plonikov has already produced through 9 games.
On the ground, Junior Khyren Harris took over the game and ran the ball 11 times for 83 yards while averaging 7.5 yards per carry. So far through 3 games, Harris ran the ball 28 times for 165 yards and 1 touchdown while also catching the ball 4 times for 63 yards.
For the receivers, Senior Wide Receiver Angelo Ahern caught the ball 4 times for 85 yards and 1 touchdown. For this season, Ahern has caught the ball 23 times for 419 yards and 4 touchdowns, along with averaging 18.2 yards per catch and 46.6 yards per game.
Under Coach DJ Campbell’s leadership, the team has had a terrific season and are determined to finish what they started by striving to play in the state championship game at Allegiant Stadium.