Centennial High School's Student Newspaper

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Playoff Time on The Hill

Patrick Thomas (pt4kstudio)
Players preparing for the next play.

Playoff Time on The Hill
Jaydahn Fleming
Co-Editor-In-Chief
Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

It’s everyone’s favorite time of the year in the sports world, the playoffs! For the first time in 4 years, Centennial is back in the playoffs. This past week our Bulldogs took on the Bonanza Bengals for the second time this season. Centennial finished the regular season with an 8-1 record, while the Bengals finished with a 5-5 record. The final score of this game was a 39-7 blowout for Centennial once again.
The first half was dominated by our Bulldogs leading 21-0 going into halftime with three touchdown passes from senior quarterback Victor Plotnikov. To finish the game, Centennial scored another two touchdowns and a safety to beat the Bonanza Bengals 39-7.
Senior Quarterback Victor Plotnikov threw for 245 yards and 4 touchdowns with a 72.2% completion rate along with an outstanding 130.8 QB Rate while also running the ball seven times for 47 yards. This game’s stats add to the 2,000 passing yards and 32 touchdowns Plonikov has already gained in the regular season. With this, Plotnikov could be in the running for Offensive Player of the Year.
On the ground, Junior Khyren Harris ran the ball 5 times for 30 yards while through the air, he caught the ball twice for 53 yards and a touchdown. In the regular season, Harris ran the ball 28 times for 165 yards and 1 touchdown while also catching the ball 4 times for 63 yards.
For the receivers, Senior Wide Receiver Angelo Ahern caught the ball 4 times for 98 yards and 1 touchdown. He even threw the ball for a touchdown during this game. For this season, Ahern has caught the ball 23 times for 419 yards and 4 touchdowns, along with averaging 18.2 yards per catch and 46.6 yards per game.
The Centennial playoff run has started and the Bulldogs have no intention of slowing down anytime soon.