Centennial High School's Student Newspaper

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Bulldog Bowling Match

The Bulldogs bowling match on Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2024

Bulldog Bowling Match

Brooke Mayo

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Staff Writer

Centennial’s Bowling team is a group of hard-working boys and girls who consistently cheer one another on no matter the circumstances. Centennial’s bowling team is Class 5A (Southern only) in a league with 11 other schools. The bowling team consists of students from Centennial and other schools such as Northwest and CSN High School, who do not offer a bowling program.

The bowling team is coached by Coach Mark, who is not a teacher at Centennial, yet still makes time to give our students guidance and help when it comes to bowling. For example, a non-Centennial student on the boy’s Varsity team Tyler Castronova said “Coach Mark is a good coach for kids who are just starting out.” Coach Mark proved his coaching skills by leading Centennial to the State Championship victory last year!

On Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2024, the boys and girls varsity team played Silverado at the Suncoast Hotel. Both the girls and boys won their matches. The boys won two out of the three matches yet won the match by 30 pins overall. During their second match, the boys shot for around 820 pins beating Silverado by over 100 pins in that match! Then, the girls’ team went three for three, leading the girls’ 5A bowling division.

Centennial’s bowling team, both girls and boys have such great chemistry with each other. They constantly cheered each other on. The bowling season is coming to an end with very few games left, Centennial wishes our bowling team a great rest of their season and hopes they continue to win.