Centennial High School's Student Newspaper

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Boys Volleyball vs. Shadow Ridge

@chs.mvb
First Conference Match of the Season Centennial vs Shadow Ridge

Boys Volleyball vs. Shadow Ridge

Jaydahn Fleming
Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs
Co-Editor-In-Chief

Centennial’s Boys’ Volleyball team traveled to Shadow Ridge on Tuesday, March 26 for their 16th game. Although our Bulldogs lost 3-0, based on statistics they played an impressive game.

One of the most outstanding performances was by Lincoln Larson, a sophomore player who scored 3 kills out of 4 attempts. His accuracy and precision were remarkable, and it’s clear that he has a bright future ahead of him in the sport. Another standout player was Ty Ahlstrom, a freshman, who played 2 out of 3 sets. Despite being new to the team, Ty showed great skill and composure on the court, earning the respect of his teammates and coaches alike. Overall, it was a great game, with many promising talents on display.

Season stats leaders include Lincoln Larson leading the team with 2.9 Kills per set, 14 serving aces, 0.6 aces per set, 69 kills, and 135 receptions. Ridge Gardner leads the team with a 0.233 hitting percentage and 33 total blocks—Joshua Wagner has 4.7 digs per set and 75 digs, and Thomas Taylor with 178 assists.

The latest update on our beloved Bulldogs’ performance indicates that they currently hold a record of 9 wins and 8 losses this season. Amongst the teams in their division, our Bulldogs stand in the second position with 1 win and 1 loss so far. In the state of Nevada, they are currently ranked at 9th place overall.

As the season comes to a close, our Bulldogs are determined to finish strong and enter the playoffs with a winning mindset. They are focused on giving their best shot and bringing home the championship trophy!