Cobra Kai strikes again

Same characters, updated dojos

Cobra Kai, a television show that has been on Netflix for a minimal amount of time, has already been watched by millions of people since being picked up by the streaming platform leading to a third season being installed with plans for more.
Cobra Kai was originally a Youtube Red production but was scooped up by Netflix before achieving its current popularity.
Cobra Kai brings back some of the original actors from the initial Karate Kid movie series including the two “young stars” Ralph Maccio and William Zabka. The show also follows the competitive Karate theme where multiple dojos battle to be the best.
Cobra Kai also saw the addition of new younger star power in Peyton List, Xolo Maridueña, and many more as these new stars go through their on screen high school experience.
William Zabka plays his recurring role as Johnny Lawrence where he starts up the Cobra Kai dojo and has seen a real development in character from his teenage years. His on screen role has adapted into a strong and caring sensai yet he is also demanding of his students as he sees the potential talent of them.
“My favorite character was Jonny because he was so funny, but he did actually care about the kids,” freshman, Kaitlyn Pettit said.
Ralph Maccio is continuing on the legacy of our beloved Mr. Miyagi. Maccio is continuing his role as Daniel LaRusso and starts up Miyagi-Do Karate.
Xolo Maridueña is Miguel Diaz and he is training to be the grand champion for Johnny Lawrence. He struggles with many uphill battles on his way to be the best, but remember it isn’t the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog.
Tanner Buchanan plays Robby Keene who turns out to be Johnny Lawrence’s lost child. Keene would go on to join Miyagi-Do Karate.
“Robby is my favorite character because he has good hair and he’s good looking,” freshman, Breleigh Brosnahan said.
During free time on a weekend, Bulldogs should check out the original Karate Kid and the new spinoff Kobra Kai.