Traditional vs online school work

Elizabeth Merrill
Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs
Staff Writer

In the 2020-2021 school year, COVID-19 rates were high and it was dangerous to have children go to school the traditional way.
Students did school work on Chromebooks and submitted work electronically. Classes were taught through Google Meets and in-person interactions were avoided.
Thankfully, COVID-19 cases were low and traditional school could fully begin for the 2021-2022 school year. Due to the use of technology in the previous year, many teachers have taken to using technology more than in previous years, which raises the question: Do students prefer electronic or paper and pencil classwork?
“I like electronics more. It’s just easier to keep track of schoolwork when it’s all laid out,” sophomore, Jordin Pension said.
Teachers use electronic classwork for many reasons. One is that it is more convenient to have students’ work all in one place. Another is that it also makes grading easier and faster.
“I prefer paper and pencil. It’s just simpler,” freshman, Emily Falls said.
Many students prefer paper and pencil simply because electronic work reminds them of the 2020-2021 school year where many students struggled and had trouble due to problems in the world around them. Teachers also like traditional school work for this reason. Paper and pencil also makes it simpler for students who forgot their Chromebook or didn’t charge it.
“I really don’t care what I do my school work on. I’m more concerned about doing it well and getting a good grade. I’m pretty indifferent about it as long as I do well,” Anonymous said.