NHS tutoring session

"Tutor" by cityyear is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 2.0

A fellow student is helping another student with homework.

By: Marissa Murphy
Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs
Staff Writer

On Tues. and Thurs., The National Honor Society has tutoring open to all students who need help with assignments or tests.
Many students can be apprehensive about going to tutoring because it is hard to know what to expect about the situation and whether or not it will be helpful. Some students go into it with high hopes and find it an easy decision to make.
“Yes, going to tutoring is helpful because it helps me understand the information more and get some one-on-one help outside of class,” junior, Jadynn-Rose Moore said.
Some students think tutoring can be helpful while others do not, which leaves that person with the choice of whether or not other students hear about it from this person, a friend, or a classmate. Some students don’t know about tutoring at all and are missing out on an opportunity to get help.
“I would recommend it because if they need help they don’t have to struggle in silence anymore,” Moore said.
Many students have different reasons for going to tutoring. While for some people it was a good idea, for others something else could have been a better fit.
“I decided to go tutoring because I need help in math and yes I think it was the best choice for me,” Moore said.
The tutors for the sessions are NHS members instead of teachers. Many students might think that because students are doing the tutoring that it would not be much help, but some students would find it more helpful.
“I think the students are good at tutoring because the fact that they are a student they have a better understanding of what you’re going through,” Moore said.