Centennial Fine Arts 2022 Disney Trip

Elizabeth Merrill
Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs
Staff Writer

Every school year the Fine Arts department takes a several-day trip. This year the trip is to Disneyland, in California. The last trip like this was in 2020, but it was canceled due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Many schools take trips like this to Disneyland because of the soundtrack sessions Disney offers. Students are taken behind the ToonTown area of the park and into a studio. There, students are given music to practice. Once the class has reviewed it, the session is recorded and the recording is played over a famous Disney movie scene. The students get to listen to the class’s voices in a Disney movie.
There are currently 77 people signed up for the trip. Disneyland requires at least 20 for the soundtrack session.
Also currently, if students can prove vaccination, then that student does not have to take a COVID-19 test beforehand. If students are unvaccinated then that student must take a COVID-19 test five days before the trip.
Any student showing symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed on the bus. If a student begins to show symptoms during the trip, a parent or guardian will have to take the student home at that parent’s experience.
“We can’t control some things. We can’t Control how California responds to COVID-19,” said Mr. Brown.
The school will test students at the school so parents do not need to get the student tested.