Students prepare for ACT

Students are getting ready to take the ACT.

"Exams Start... Now" by ryanmcgilchrist is licensed under

By: Marissa Murphy
Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs
Staff Writer

On Fri. Jan. 21 through Sun. Jan. 23 an ACT boot camp was held at Centennial to help those who needed extra tips for the ACT.
For many people the ACT is a test people are worried about, the boot camp offered to help those students. However, not all students chose to go; some had parents that decided for them, while others had the option.
“I did the boot camp because I didn’t know much about the ACT before or what to expect,” junior, Sydney Brimhall said.
Having a boot camp that is advertised for helping people academically, it can be hard to know whether or not going is worth it since everyone learns differently. For some people, the boot camp exceeded expectations while for others it did not.
“I thought the camp would be a bunch of hard concepts I didn’t understand but it was easier to understand than I thought,” Brimhall said.
Knowing about the camp can bring questions of whether or not the tips will be helpful. Especially since everyone learns differently it can make people worried about whether the camp will meet the person’s specific needs.
“There were a lot of good things I learned that were super helpful and didn’t think of before,” Brimhall said.
For the people who take the camp, it would be up to that person to recommend it to someone worried about the ACT. Many people would recommend it but some people might not.
“Yes, I would recommend it, I think it helped me know a lot so I wasn’t going into the test blindly,” Brimhall said.