Centennial art show succeeds

Elizabeth Merrill

Card distributed to students to inform them of the art show.

Centennial held an art show on April 21st at 6:00 p.m. in the cafeteria. The art show is a way to present various art works from students to others. The estimate is that there were 450 to 500 pieces of art on display that night.
The art was provided from almost all students from every art class taught by both art teachers at Centennial. Boards were set up around half of the cafeteria to display paper art and tables on the other half to display ceramics works. A refreshment table was also provided with many kinds of desserts.
“I thought it went really well. I was a little bit nervous because I didn’t know what to expect. The set up was a little bit stressful, but the actual show itself was good and I really enjoyed it. It was great getting to see students and talk to either their parents or their friends that they brought and I really liked it,” one of the art teachers, Madison Sprenz said.
Sprenz estimates that about 200 people filtered through the cafeteria observing the art. Preparation for the art show was about ten hours. Sprenz also estimated the six hours spent putting art on the boards.
“If I were to change things I would probably prepare earlier because there was some miscommunication about the date of the art show,” said Sprenz.