NHS Induction Ceremony

Every year, students of Centennial who have achieved the required standards of National Honors Society receive the offer of participating in NHS.
On Tuesday, April 26, NHS inducted 20 new members, and celebrated 16 current members and 13 outgoing seniors.
The ceremony took place in the theater at 6:00 p.m.
The hour-long ceremony included several speakers such as the NHS advisor Mrs. Penkalski, Principal Mr. Wipperman and NHS alumni Dr. Melvin Jameson.
NHS is a privilege that is very well-respected and speaks to a student’s academic success, community involvement, leadership skills and overall high character according to the CollageVineBlog.com
NHS also recognized the club’s officers, President Micheal Mercer, Secretary Kayleigh Stevens and Historian Carmella Korte alongside the incoming NHS officers President Andrew Cirincione, Vice President Chistina Rae Lucero, Secretary Jadyn Johnson Bowles, Treasurer Sierra Nathu and Historian Sophia Knudson.
“I’m excited to be in NHS. It will look really good for college,” incoming National Honors Society member, Mason Schiever said.
NHS elevates a school’s commitment to the values of scholarship, service, leadership and character.
These four pillars have been associated with membership in the organization since its inception in 1921.
“I decided to join because I love being a leader and NHS is a way I can show my leadership,” inductee Sophomore Isabel Mendoza said.
“Centennial High School is proud of the incoming, current, and outcoming National Honors Society members,” Principal Mr. Wipperman said