Centennial High School's Student Newspaper

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Pep Rally

centennialhsbulldogs1999 (instagram)
Centennial cheerleaders Performing at the Pep Rally.

By: Emma Barahona
Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs
Staff Writer

On Friday, Aug. 18, 2023, Centennial High School held a pep rally at both lunches to kick off our sports seasons and to get everyone excited. The first high school home game is definitely a game the entire student body and staff look forward to and remember for the rest of the year.

Centennial High School’s varsity cheer captain, Kayla White, a senior, said “Seeing everyone come together after so much separation, it was fulfilling seeing everyone come together to support the team.” After three years of Kayla White cheering this was the best game and pep rally she has cheered for.

However, Cheer wasn’t the only group making this the best pep rally, Centennial high schools band was out playing music for everyone to enjoy, while dance fusion and the cheer team danced and cheered along with them.

Jovani talked about how playing for the pep rallies and the games isn’t as exciting as it seems because it was in the rain. The band made the best of what they had and still had to leave earlier than they intended. Jovani said, “Playing in the rain is not hard but it isn’t ideal especially for wood instruments and trombones because the water gets stuck in the trombone and it can ruin the wood instruments.”

The previous seasons have been rough but the game and pep rally had everyone at Centennial high school extra excited for this season and everyone even more excited to go to the games this year.