Centennial High School's Student Newspaper

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Baby Bulldog

Rylie Fitzgerald
Here are a few freshmen exploring the NJROTC booth.

Baby bulldogs are back.
By: Abrianna Finks
Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs
Staff Writer

The Bulldogs are back and better than ever. To begin the year, we welcomed our incoming freshman with a Baby Bulldog orientation on Aug. 1 at 7 a.m. This was an event hosted by the school providing breakfast, school schedules, and opportunities to prepay all course fees. Hundreds of people attended whether it be as returning students, incoming freshmen, or graduated seniors supporting their family members.
To begin the event, there was a mock assembly where the principal and administration introduced themselves. Students were also introduced to their counselors and reassured that they would be available for any and all guidance. During the mock assembly, there were also club performances. Centennial’s NJROTC presented colors by their color guard followed by their drill teams displaying their competition drill routines. CHS cheer performed their stunts and fight songs while dance fusion showed off their skills with their hip-hop dances.
CHS made sure to welcome everyone with breakfast which included, syrup-covered baby stacks with sausage and eggs cooked by our very own staff.
After the assembly, the students were released to explore and get to know each other and our campus. Cadets in the ROTC program were out offering tours and many students took the opportunity to look at the campus. There were also booths around the quad that displayed clubs and other extracurriculars to join. Our winter sports tables were out and their members were recruiting. We also had game club tables like Dungeons and Dragons, anime, and board game club.
In the cafeteria, class gear like PE clothes and Centennial’s spirit shirt were being given out along with parent spirit shirts like Bulldog Mom and Dad, and Centennial sweats. In the library, Chromebook distribution was stationed to check out your device or get a form approving a personal device.
Overall this was an amazing experience for the freshmen and a great icebreaker to welcome them into the school.