Centennial High School's Student Newspaper

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Preparing for Homecoming

Emma Barhona
The student section of the assembly flashing their lights in accordance to Tales As Old As Time

Preparing for Homecoming
By: Zakiya Bennette
Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs
Staff Writer

Preparing for homecoming is stressful for any student going to the dance. From needing to find out information, the date, outfits, and everything else. But has anyone ever asked how stressed the coordinators get?
Macky is a Senior cheerleader and the Student Body Vice president of student council here at Centennial High School. He said, “Everyone was very excited and stressed while setting up for homecoming.”
There were about 20 ideas for the homecoming theme to choose from this year. Student Council took 4 out of twenty different ideas and sent them to the school’s Instagram (@cententenialhsBulldogs) with a poll asking the students what theme they would enjoy more for the dance.
The final theme for the dance was Once Upon a Homecoming, a Disney theme. As part of setting up for homecoming, the hallways were decorated with different Disney movie themes. Some of the themes were Frozen, Rapunzel, Up, Aladdin, Princess and The Frog, Lilo and Stitch, and The Little Mermaid.
“I really love seeing ideas come together with the different movies and hallways. It’ll be really beautiful,” said Macky.
Friday the 22nd was the Homecoming assembly that was held during the 7th period and the Homecoming game was later on that night at 6 pm. There was an ROTC salute before the game and a halftime float show.
Overall the stress and hard work that was put into the Homecoming Dance paid off, and everyone working the dance and attending the dance enjoyed it so much and made memories they will never forget.