Centennial High School's Student Newspaper

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Homecoming Floats

Madison Monsay
Journalism/Video Productions Float

Homecoming Floats
Madison Monsay
Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs
Staff Writer

Homecoming comes to a conclusion! It included numerous activities, one being the football game the night before the dance. Floats were at Centennial High School at the Homecoming game on September 22, 2023.
On Friday night, homecoming floats appeared on the football field track during halftime. Floats come around yearly, driving in the current school year’s winners of the Homecoming election and current clubs at Centennial.
Centennial has been doing this activity for 25 years. The theme for this year’s function was Disney. Homecoming floats allow students and clubs to express their creativity and create their ensembles for the school and visitors to see.
Centennial does this project every year because it “adds school spirit and makes it a fun place to be around,” quoting the Student Council’s activity advisor Ms. Kristina Kasten. According to Kasten, “Everyone was super excited for the Disney theme because there’s so much to do with it,”. Every float brainstorms its purposes and topics to customize its design and run it as it pleases. It gives clubs a chance to put their group in the spotlight and bring recognition to their class.
Journalism and Video Productions combined their clubs and classes to participate in this year’s homecoming float. The theme represented Hocus Pocus in honor of Halloween coming up. This year was journalism and video productions’ first year contributing to this event, “What made us want to do a float this year is our decision to be a real part of the school. We wanted to put video productions on the map in the hope people will watch the announcements more often,”. Ms. Victoria Pomo recalls.
The float was a huge success with many students and families showing up to the game and sharing their enthusiasm for the event.