Centennial High School's Student Newspaper

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Centennial Upcoming Lunch Change

Brooke Mayo
Centennial High School’s Cafeteria

Centennial Upcoming Lunch Change
By: Emma Barahona
Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs
Staff Writer

Centennial’s lunch schedule is getting changed. After winter break, the lunches are going to go from two lunches a day to one lunch a day.

Winter break starts on Dec. 18 2023 and ends Jan. 2. 2024. Once we return back to school on the second we switch from two lunches to one. All students will now have lunch at 11:15-11:45 a.m. on A and B days.

There are a few benefits to changing the lunches around. Passing periods will now be five minutes instead of four minutes, the amount of absences and tardies from lunches should decrease, and students can spend lunch with their friends every day rather than every other day or even never spend lunch with their friends.

Since the population at lunch is changing, more areas for seating will open up. They are now opening up the lower quad, cafeteria, back quad, the upstairs back quad, outside by the portable, and the library for up to 100 people. Tenth Grader Abrianna Finks said, “While having only one lunch could be chaotic, I think after a while students will be able to adapt to one lunch.”

Seniors that get out early at 9:49 a.m. are allowed to grab a “grab and go ” lunch on their way out and seniors that get out at 11:15 a.m. are allowed to stay for lunch or to just go home.

Centennial is also getting more food vendors for lunch, meaning students will be able to get food from Chick-fil-A, Panda Express, and more. School lunch will still be provided.