Centennial High School's Student Newspaper

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Hispanic Student Union Food Drive

Mr. Michael Livreri
Hispanic Student Union’s 2023 Food Drive

Hispanic Student Union Food Drive
Madison Monsay
Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs
Staff Writer

Centennial High School’s Hispanic Student Union participated in a food drive here on campus. The project occurred from October 23 to November 3rd, 2023 in honor of the Day of the Dead. The event took place in the main office and classrooms, one of the main classrooms being Mr. Michael Livreri’s, the main advisor for the club. Anyone was available to donate at any time the entire week.

The food drive turned out to be successful, and many contributions were made. “It turned out awesome! We had pretty good support from some classes and ended up filling up our box,” quotes Livreri about the turnout. When asked about the purpose of the service Livreri stated, “The purpose was there are many families in need in our valley. The focus is there are many Hispanic families in need.”

This drive did a great deal for the Hispanic Student Union, this year being the club’s first-ever year participating in a food drive and their first year at Centennial, “This is our first year of existing, it’s brand new. Participating in the drive gave the students a sense of service and doing good for others. It was coming together and serving communities. A lot of the club didn’t know each other so we wanted to do something there,” Livreri says.

The donations received consisted of canned, non-perishable, and dried goods that have a long shelf life and won’t spoil. All funds go to the only food bank and our largest hunger relief organization in Southern Nevada, Three Square.

The Hispanic Student Union continues to do good within the Hispanic community and serve our school every day. The club is available to join at any time, visit room 809 for any questions and interests.