Centennial High School's Student Newspaper

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Art In Motion Dance Concert

@chsdancefusion
Dance Fusion after a successful concert

Art In Motion Dance Concert
By: Alina Paradowski
Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs
Editor-In-Chief

The winter dance concert was held on Nov. 30 and Dec. 1 at 6 p.m. in the Centennial Theatre. The performance consisted of 14 different dances from all dance groups. The groups included Dance Fusion, Dance 2 Advanced, Dance 2, and Dance 1. The dances were mostly student-choreographed and inspired by various art pieces.
The show started with Dance Fusion performing “Peace to Unknowables” with music By Olafur Arnalds and choreographed by David Mayorga. As the show went on, the audience got to see more dances that were student-choreographed. Members of dance fusion danced to “Can I” choreographed by Baylee Tabares, “DNA” choreographed by Kaylie Cornman and Brianna Laughlin, and “Imagine” by Emma Mojne.
Other dances featured the various dance class groups who danced to “Can’t Stop Dancin” and “You and I.”
The show then had an intermission where guests could go out into the lobby and write the dancers of Dance Fusion a message. Snacks and drinks were also for sale as well. While people were writing, inside the theater there was a pushup contest between people in the crowd. The contest got the crowd involved and excited for the next half of the show.
The show’s second half featured more student-choreographed dances by Danette Lara, Danica Pickett, Alexa Depew, and Rinn Rogner. Dance 2 Advanced took the stage with a dance called “Campbell’s Soup” that featured a can of soup.
The concert featured unique costumes and talented dancers who practiced for months for this concert. All of the dance groups from Dance 1 to Dance Fusion did amazing and they are looking forward to their next concert.