Centennial High School's Student Newspaper

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Recycling Club

Abigail Hemgesberg
Centennial High School recycling bins

Recycling Club
By: Abigail Hemgesberg
Bark! Voice of the Bulldog
Staff Writer

The Recycling Club at Centennial High School strives to increase awareness about the significance of recycling among students. The club aims to enlighten students about the environmental impact of waste and the effective ways to reduce, reuse, and recycle materials. Ms. Zuehlsdorff, the club adviser, stated, “Recycling is important to the environment and community and is not done enough in Las Vegas. I wanted to increase the recycling efforts here at Centennial.”
One of the primary objectives of the Recycling Club is to establish effective recycling systems within the school campus. Regular collection and proper disposal of recyclable materials will be organized, ensuring that they are appropriately processed and do not contribute to environmental degradation. Zuehlsdorff also stated, “Recycling club brings awareness to recycling efforts by emptying recycling bins, and providing education on its importance.”
The Recycling Club also plans to extend its efforts beyond the school grounds by conducting recycling drives in partnership with local organizations. By actively engaging with the broader community, the club hopes to promote responsible waste management practices and bring about positive change at the grassroots level. Zuehlsdorff also mentioned her goal for this club is to have every classroom and office recycling.
The recycling club is looking for more members, as the club currently has a total of two people. Joining the Recycling Club at Centennial High School provides students with a remarkable opportunity to contribute to environmental conservation and make a lasting impact on their school and community!