Centennial High School's Student Newspaper

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs

National Honor Society Ceremony

Sarena Halverson
National Honor Society’s Logo

National Honor Society Ceremony

Aleksandra Reynoso
Bark! Voice of the Bulldogs
Staff Writer

The 2024 school year is wrapping up and it is time to acknowledge our students for their hard work and dedication this year.

On May 6, from 6 pm to 7 pm Centennial’s National Honor Society also known as NHS, the top students helping other students club, will be hosting their induction ceremony in the school’s theater. NHS is a club where students with a 3.5 or higher unweighted GPA offer tutoring to other students who are struggling with subjects such as English, Math, Science, and Languages in room 203 on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:15 pm to 2:15 pm.

This ceremony will celebrate the club’s current members and their achievements this year, and induct new members for next school year. When asked how she feels about her students’ involvement in helping fellow classmates, Ms. Halverson, NHS’s club advisor, said: “ It is inspiring to see students helping each other with difficult school subjects and community service.”

When asked about what she hopes for the future of NHS, she replied, “ I hope that we can continue to contribute to the school through providing tutoring and community service, adding to the positive school environment.” All family members, classmates, and friends are encouraged to attend this event to congratulate and celebrate their fellow students’ accomplishments.