CCSD introduces hybrid learning plan

On Feb. 24 Superintendent Jesus Jara announced that CCSD would switch over to a hybrid learning schedule as early as March 22.
By April 6, it is said that all students county-wide will be back in school under hybrid learning. This means that students will be in-class for part of the week while the other part will be online.
However, there are mixed feelings about this new implementation. Some students are willing to go back, while others would rather finish the rest of the school year online.
“The hybrid model will be beneficial to my education because being at school makes it easier to ask questions,” junior, Ally Warren said.
Some students, though, have other reasons for going back to school.
“The only thought about coming back to school that excites me is the whole idea about sports coming back. Other than that I like school from home,” junior, Paige Grant said.
There are some students who are choosing to stay home, however, either because they have learned they are more fond of online learning or because they have health concerns.
“I’m just concerned about the whole idea of this hybrid plan. I’m wondering how everything will work such as lunch, passing periods, etcetera, considering that this has never been done before. I don’t really have concerns health-wise because I know masks can help prevent a lot of illnesses from spreading,” Grant said.
Although there are many unknowns regarding the return to school, students are doing their best to think positively and realistically.
“I think the hybrid model for school is okay. I like the face-to-face interaction, but I think they should open in April instead of March because it is a week from spring break. Also with sports, I think they should spend the time training without competition because two weeks is not enough time for kids to get back in shape,” junior, Angelo Chahal said.
At this point in the school year, numerous students are excited to go back only to have the slightest school experience. Teenage individuals are taking the hybrid plan into consideration, and making do with what has been presented.
“I think going to school for two days is good for students to slowly get back into our normal routine [from] before quarantine. Some may need more [in-person] days because online school can be distracting and they may be too shy to ask questions [online],” Warren said.
The rapidly approaching return to school has administration, staff/teachers, and students on the edge of their seats waiting for the next move. Each party in the situation is stressed, yet hoping for the best.
“I think it will be interesting to see how returning to school goes as we have been in quarantine and got used to living in a different lifestyle. I personally am not ready just because I got used to being home and online school being much easier for me,” Warren said.