Spring break approaches

Nolan Sepulveda

Exploring ancient outdoor locations has become a new idea for spring break.

As the third quarter of the school year concludes, spring break quickly creeps up on students.
March approaches and along with it, spring break; as a result, students become more and more excited to have a break from school.
“For past spring breaks, I usually go and visit my family in Utah. COVID will impact my spring break because I will not be visiting them this year like I usually do,” sophomore, Haydin Larson said.
Some students enjoy the beach, while others visit family for spring break’s week off of school. COVID-19 caused many people to reconsider different ideas for spring break.
“Usually on my spring breaks I would go to see my family in Los Angeles or we travel as a family. Because of Coronavirus, I can’t travel to see my family and while I can hang out with some of my friends, I can’t see all of them because everyone feels differently about going out during these times,” sophomore, Jadyn Johnson-Bowles said.
Not all people feel the same about social distancing during these times, so some people do different things than they normally would.
“I am still looking forward to spring break because it’s just going to be a break from school. I still hope I can have fun,” Larson said.
Although their school year may not be normal, students still want to have fun and enjoy the break from school.
“I do believe that people should be taking precautions during spring break because even though I can’t do everything that I wish I could, it is still time off of school that I can use to take lots of naps,” Johnson-Bowles said.
Even though spring break is a time to let loose, people must keep their distance and continue to abide by government restrictions. Some say that the only way COVID will get better is if people do what they need to.
“I think if the vaccine wasn’t being distributed, COVID cases would rise. Hopefully, by spring break, a lot more people will have the vaccine so we will not have to worry as much,” Larson said.
With the help of the current vaccine, COVID cases should decline and the safety of people should be easier to manage.
“In anything that involves going outside these days there is a chance that you can catch COVID-19, but I feel that because of spring break, people may forget this and go to be with friends when they know they really shouldn’t. I think that some people by the end of it probably will have gotten the virus,” Johnson-Bowles said.